Popular posts

Thursday 25 June 2015

Wiki'd Nail Challenge - Deinocheirus!!!

So, the Wiki'd Nails Challenge continues and this week the prompt is as random as ever - Deinocheirus!!!

Here's the official definition from Wikipedia

Deinocheirus (/ˌdnɵˈkaɪərəs/ dy-no-ky-rəs) is a genus of large ornithomimosaur (ostrich dinosaur) that lived during the Late Cretaceous around 70 million years ago

As has been the case on most of the challenges I was really stumped and this week I even considered missing the week out!!! But it bothered me all day that I was taking the easy option by not creating a mani - so instead I decided to try and think outside the box again.

And here's what I came up with....


I dropped the dinosaur part and took my inspiration from the Ostrich part!!! I used China Glaze Dashboard Dreamer and then used acrylic paint to create the design!!!

I'm glad I persevered and thought outside the box, as I'm quite taken with this little guy I created for this week's Wiki'd Nails Challenge - Deinocheirus!!!


Xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment