Popular posts

Friday 16 October 2015

New Crumpets Nail Tarts - Geeks!!!

So, we are back on 'Theme' week with the new Crumpets Nail Tarts 52 week challenge and the theme for this week is Geeks!!!


I really struggled with this, so decided to google the word "geeks" and came up with lots of images linked to computer games and technology. Not really inspired by what I was seeing, I decided to look for inspiration elsewhere. I was just about to close the tab, when I spotted the word "scrabble" on one of the images - light bulb moment!!! 


I decided to create the base for my scrabble letters using a new Gellux Gel polish "Naked" from the Nude range that I purchased at the Beauty Show at Olympia earlier in the month. I also decided to try out a new product that Gellux have just released - nail guards!!!


Nail guards come in 9 different nail sizes but the larger ones can easily be cut to size (or used on big toes!!) For once, having short nubbins was a benefit, as I was able to cut the nail guard in half and make one guard do 2 nails - yippee!!! 


Once the correct nail guard size had been selected and cut to size, I had to peel off the white backing paper to reveal a transparent nail guard with an exposed sticky side. The sticky side needs to be placed on a clean, dry nail. As long as 90% of the nail bed is covered, the nail guard will work. Once in place, the clear, hard protective cover can be removed and the nail is ready to have Gellux gel polish applied (with no need for fast bond!!!)

Once the gel has been cured in an LED lamp you would never know that the nail guards are in place. That is until you come to remove the gel!!!. No more soaking cotton wool in gel remover, no more wrapping my fingers in foil (and looking like Edward Scissor Hands!!!) and no more messy gel residue after removal. Simply peel the polish off in one piece (incredibly satisfying if you enjoy picking at things!!!)


So, there it is, a review of Gellux Nail Guards which I can't recommend highly enough (especially if like me you like to change your colour regularly!!!) and this week's contribution to the New Crumpets Nail Tarts - Geeks!!!

Xoxo

Salon System Gellux Nail Guards £24.95 for 720 nail guards (that's 34p per mani - or less, if like me you manage to get each nail guard to do 2 nails!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment