Popular posts

Wednesday 8 July 2015

Wiki'd Nail Challenge - Salicylic Acid!!!

So, another week into the Wiki'd nails challenge and another week where I was totally stumped and didn't have a clue what to create (it's a bit of a recurring theme with this challenge!!!)

Here's the Wikipedia definition

Salicylic acid (from Latin salixwillow tree, from the bark of which the substance used to be obtained) is a monohydroxybenzoic acid, a type of phenolic acid and a beta hydroxy acid

This didn't help me much (I was never any good at Chemistry at school!!!) so I checked out the photos on the Wikipedia post.



There weren't many but this one caught my eye and sewed the seed of an idea!!!
I was going to try and create the design freehand but I came across a stamping plate with a similar design (whilst looking for something else!!) so decided to practice my stamping skills (or lack of them!!!)



I started with a simple pastel neon gradient ....





.....then stamped the design in black. I was really pleased with how this design turned out despite an initial lack of inspiration!!!

So there it is - this week's contribution to Wiki'd Naiks Challenge - Salicylic Acid!!!

Xoxo



<
br />

No comments:

Post a Comment